Publications & Interviews
Below you will find a selection of Farzan’s interviews and publications.
- “Iran: Resolving the Nuclear Crisis.” Journal of Public and International Affairs (2013): 74-92.
- “The Ayatollah’s Praetorians: The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and 2009 Election Crisis.” Middle East Journal 64.4 (2010): 543-58.
- “Discoloured Revolution: The Iranian Green Movement, Coloured Revolutions, and Factional Politics in Iran.” McGill Journal of Middle East Studies XII (2010): 2-29.
- The Islamic Republic of Iran’s Political Elite On Syria: Understanding What They Think Through Iranian Media Narratives. Philadelphia: Center for Global Communication Studies, University of Pennsylvania, 2013.
- Soft War: A New Episode in the Old Conflict Between Iran and the United States. Philadelphia: Center for Global Communication Studies, University of Pennsylvania, 2013.
Blogging & Op-Eds
- “Iran’s holding presidential elections. Here are the candidates to watch.” Washington Post Monkey Cage, April 27, 2017.
- “The Rouhani Presidency at Three.” Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, August 18 2016.
- “Iran’s 2016 Elections: Change or Continuity?” Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, June 09 2016.
- “Why Iran’s Assembly of Experts election is the real race to be watching.” Washington Post Monkey Cage, February 24 2016.
- “Ayatollah V President: The clash of visions over Iran’s opening to the West.” New America Foundation, February 18 2016.
- “U.S.-Iranian Relations after the Nuclear Deal: From Detente to Rapprochement?” War on the Rocks, September 03 2015 .
- “Iran’s Conservative Consensus on the Nuclear Deal.” Washington Post Monkey Cage, April 15 2015.
- “Military Intervention, Iranian-style.” War on the Rocks, June 30 2014.
- “Iran’s Delicate Nuclear Consensus.” Washington Post Monkey Cage, May 29 2014.
- Iran calls new U.S. sanctions a violation of nuclear deal. Washington Post, August 03, 2017.
- The muscular signals Iran is directing at the U.S. Axios, August 02, 2017.
- Iranians vote for president, with the nuclear deal and economy on their mind. Washington Post, May 19, 2017.
- Rouhani, the ultimate insider, promises change in Iran. CNN, May 18, 2017.
- In the race to unseat Iran’s Rouhani, two conservatives emerge as front-runner. Washington Post, May 13, 2017.
- Rouhani Fires Away at Leading Rival a Week Before Iran Election. Bloomberg Politics, 12 May 2017.
- What We Learned From Iran’s Presidential Debate: QuickTake Q&A. Bloomberg Politics, 30 April 2017.
- Iran’s Ahmadinejad registers to run for president. Agence France-Presse, April 27, 2017.
- 4 reasons Iran’s new parliament is a really big deal. Vox, May 26, 2016.
- Nine Takeaways From Iran’s Elections. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, March 04, 2016.
- Iran Elections: Why They Matter. Newsweek, February 24, 2016.
- In Iran, Friday’s tightly controlled elections will be pivotal for moderates: Analysis. Toronto Star, February 24, 2016.
- Surge in anti-American hostility in Iran is setback for jailed US reporter. Christian Science Monitor, October 23, 2015.
- Could Iran’s Hardliners Derail a Nuclear Deal? The Atlantic, July 02, 2015.
- Syria, Iran’s “Strategic Province”. IranWire, July 16, 2014.